Harry’s U-Pull-It Auto Parts is a SELF-SERVICE USED Auto parts salvage yard.
Harry’s DOES NOT HAVE A PARTS INVENTORY!!
WE CAN ONLY TELL YOU WHAT VEHICLES WE HAVE, NOT WHAT PARTS ARE LEFT ON THEM!
Admission to the yard is $2.00 per person.
We Accept CASH and Visa/MasterCard ($20.00 Min. PARTS Purchase) For Payment.
Harry’s U Pull was the Green Business of 2012 presented by the Hazleton Chamber of Commerce
Harry’s In the News!
More than 1 million have visited the self-serve auto parts yard…
Reprinted from the Hazleton Standard~Speaker, October 31, 1999
BY JAMES QUIRK Jr.
A junkyard is usually a place for old vehicles that don’t run anymore.
The cars and trucks are strewn about in a helter-skelter fashion. Someone with an older-model vehicle in need of a particular part is usually fit to be tied after trying to find it in a junkyard.
A chaotic state of affairs is not the name of the game at Harry’s U-Pull-It in Hazle Township, where someone needing a car part can locate it easily and quickly and all by themselves.
But is it a junkyard? No, according to co-owner Joseph Kress.
For dying motor vehicles, Harry’s U-Pull-It is a state-of-the-art rest home.
A subsidiary of the adjoining Kress Auto Wreckers, Harry’s is owned and operated by Joseph “Buddy” Kress and his son, Joseph Kress. Both businesses are situated on a 200-acre site, located just west of West Hazleton in the Green Ridge section of Hazle Township.
What makes Harry’s different from other businesses, and from other “junkyards”, is that customers, who pay a $2 entrance fee, locate and extract the part by themselves. They then pay a minimal fee for each part when leaving.
Harry’s Rules & Regulations
- No Core Refunds After 30 Days.
- No Backpacks are allowed in the yard (Buckets & Toolboxes Only!)
- ALL parts brought to the checkout window must be purchased or you will not be permitted to purchase anything.
- NO ONE UNDER 16 YEARS OF AGE will be admitted to the yard.
- 16-17 year old will only be admitted with a PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN and a PHOTO ID.
- 18 Years and older admitted with a PHOTO ID.
- During Winter Hours (Oct-March) Last admission to the yard is 3:30 PM
- During Summer Hours (April-Sept) Last Admission to the yard is 6:30 PM
- NO EXCEPTIONS TO THESE RULES!
- NO OPEN TOE SHOES (ex. Sandals,flip flops)
- NO JACKS, TORCHES, OR GRINDERS ARE ALLOWED IN THE YARD.
- NO CAR PARTS ARE ALLOWED INTO THE YARD, IF YOU BRING PARTS IN, YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THEM ON THE WAY OUT!!
- WE PROSECUTE ALL SHOPLIFTERS
- All toolboxes will be inspected when entering & leaving the yard.
- No smoking is allowed around our office building.
- Harry’s reserves the right to refuse entry to customers not following company policies.