Junk Vehicle Procedure
PENNSYLVANIA TITLE PROCEDURES FOR SELLING YOUR VEHICLE TO US.
If you are bringing your vehicle to us for its end of life cycle, a few simple rules that will save you time when you bring a vehicle to sell us:
- YOU MUST have a VALID STATE ISSUED PHOTO ID Card or Drivers License.
- The owner(s) listed on the front of the title MUST be present with ID at time of sale. If there is more than 1 owner listed on the front of the title, ALL owners must be present!
- DO NOT SIGN OR WRITE ANYWHERE ON THE TITLE UNTIL YOU ARE PRESENT WITH THE VEHICLE.
- OPEN TITLES ARE NOT ACCEPTED (An open title refers to a title that has been signed off by the owner, but not re-assigned to a new owner.)
IF YOU ARE NOT A LICENSED DEALER IN THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA, YOU CANNOT RE-ASSIGN A TITLE, YOU MUST PAY SALES TAX TO THE STATE AND TITLE MUST BE TRANSFERRED INTO YOUR NAME BEFORE WE CAN LEGALLY ACCEPT THE VEHICLE. (THE ONLY EXCEPTION TO AN OPEN TITLE WOULD BE IF A NOTARY PUBLIC NOTARIZED THE OWNERS SIGNATURE ON THE FRONT AND WE (KRESS AUTO WRECKERS) ARE LISTED AS THE PURCHASER IN BLOCK A ON THE BACK OF THE TITLE.)
- Please remove any trash or debris from the vehicle (we will not accept vehicles filled with trash or debris).
- NO EXTRA TIRES – We accept 1 spare tire with each vehicle, extra tire disposal is $5.00 per tire.
- PLEASE REMOVE YOUR LICENSE PLATE AND ANY PERSONAL BELONGINGS FROM THE VEHICLE (house keys etc). Once the vehicle is in our possession we cannot return any forgotten items left behind.
- We expect vehicles to be complete, meaning all major items are intact and included (4 wheels & tires, battery, catalytic converter, engine, transmission etc.).
If the title is from another state, please call us for proper procedures.
IF WE ARE PICKING UP THE VEHICLE FROM YOU:
DO NOT DO ANYTHING WITH THE TITLE UNTIL YOU GET TO A LOCAL NOTARY!!!!!!
Bring the title and your photo ID to a local Notary Public (Again all owners must be present at the notary!).
DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING UNTIL YOU GET TO THE NOTARY!!
Once you are at the Notary Public, the title needs to be transferred to KRESS AUTO WRECKERS as shown below:
The notary MAY charge you a small fee for this service.
Once the title is notarized, we can pick up the vehicle, or Anyone at that point would be able to sell us the vehicle. This is necessary to verify ownership of the vehicle. Contact us once to title has been notarized into our name and we will make arrangements to pick up the vehicle. WE DISPATCH TO OUTSIDE TOWERS IN MOST CASES AND CANNOT GUARANTEE A PICKUP TIME AND DATE. If the vehicle needs to be moved immediately, please use your own tower to bring the vehicle to us.
THINGS NOT TO DO:
DO NOT DEFACE the title in any way, DO NOT write JUNK or SALVAGE across the front, or WE WILL NOT ACCEPT THE VEHICLE AND YOU WILL HAVE TO APPLY FOR A DUPLICATE TITLE.
Vehicles without a title:
We do not accept vehicles without a title
UNLESS the following applies: You have an OLD PENNSYLVANIA registration card registered to YOU, THIS FORM can be filled out and must accompany the registration card and proper ID.
If you are the heir of an estate and need to sell us a vehicle titled to a deceased individual, we will need the following:
And then the above procedures will apply as if you were the owner of the vehicle.